A medical exam is the main component in deciding what your insurance cost will be. In order to keep your insurance premiums low, you want to be as healthy as you can possibly be. Here are some tips to keep you healthy and feeling good.
1. Quit smoking! Smokers can pay up to double on their life insurance policies compared to non-smokers. If you need life insurance it really is the time to quit. Many policies define a non-smoker as someone who hasn’t smoked for 12 consecutive months and that includes nicotine replacements and e-cigarettes.
2. Feel good about yourself today. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you and make you feel good. If close friends encourage you to smoke, drink or overeat it may be time to surround yourself with people who motivate you in the right way. Don’t get hung up on how many pounds or what size pants you are wearing. Focus on being healthy and not thin.
3. Be physically active for 30 minutes once a day. If your schedule is too busy see if you can find ways to put physical activity into your life. For example, if you take the elevator everyday change it up and take the stairs. Physically active people save $500 a year in healthcare costs.
4. Always eat breakfast- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many avoid it in hopes that by skipping this meal they have a lower calorie intake for the day. This actually defeats the purpose. By skipping breakfast you are in turn slowing down your metabolism which leads to weight gain. Several studies suggest that people tend to add more body fat when they eat fewer, larger meals than when they eat the same number of calories in smaller, more frequent meals.
5. Mental health matters too- How you feel on the inside is extremely important. Your thoughts manifest yourself into everyday life so how you feel begins with your thoughts. Remember to stay grateful for what you have and always look for the silver lining. Accept the things you cannot change and always acknowledge and express your feelings.
For more information please contact Independent Financial Concepts Group today at 1-416-849-1653 or visit www.wecoveryou.ca